Romain Cannone brought home a bronze medal from the North American Cup in Portland, Oregon. There were 19 Y14 teams participating from all over USA and Canada – Romain was an anchor on the team and the medal was very well deserved.
Also, our fencers participated in the international competition in Montreal, Canada – “Challenge 4 Nations”. Our fencers did very well and we are happy for their international performance:
- Gabriel Canaux took second place in Y14 age group – he was very close to win the tournament but was short 2 touches in a gold medal match.
- Peye Wong also took silver in Y12 age group earning her first international medal.
- Skyler Chin was third in Y14!
- Romain Cannone took 8th place in Y14, bringing home the 3rd medal for NYFA in Y14 ME!
- As a team, our fencers competed with Canadian, American and French fencers and took second place in the gold medal match with French team. Our team consisted of Gabriel Canaux, Skyler Chin, Romain Cannone and Alexander Bogert (Florida fencer that joined our team for this event). That was also a first international medal for NYFA team!
- Annie Morelli had an impressive performance making top 8 not only in Y14 event but also in the Under 19 age group. Annie is still 14 years old and we are happy that she’s already strong enough to fence in older age groups.
- Bennett Cohen had his first experience at international tournament and in the older age group – he fought very hard and we wish him best of luck in future events.