Never fenced before? New to NYFA? It’s easy to get started!
- FREE CLASS Introductory Offer!
- Call (718) 996-0426, (516) 472-7042 or (914) 305-4597 or send a message to schedule your first lessons or find out the best times to observe a class and talk with us.
- All ages (5 to adult) & all levels (beginners to advanced) fence at NYFA.
- No experience, equipment or memberships are required to start.
- You can begin any time of the year, and we can accommodate almost any schedule (Mondays-Saturdays)
- Follow the 3 steps below to get started!
1. START WITH AN INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
Anyone new to NYFA begins with Introductory Lessons with one of our expert coaches.
Simply call to book your lessons & begin fencing!
BEGINNERS: If you’ve never fenced before or have less than six months experience, start with an Introductory Package of private lessons. You will learn proper fencing position, how to hold the weapon, how to make correct touches, and how to do a basic attack. We recommend two or four lessons a week for two weeks. Then you’ll be ready to join our ongoing group classes safely and with confidence. Equipment is provided. You can take one private lesson before starting a package if you prefer. (see FAQs for more info)
- Four Beginner Private Lessons for $180 (Intro 4)
- Eight Beginner Private Lessons for $360 (Intro 8)
INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED: If you have more than six months of fencing experience and can demonstrate proper fencing techniques, start with one Introductory Lesson so our coach can assess and recommend the best training schedule for your goals and abilities.
- One Intermediate/Advanced Private Lesson for $50
2. JOIN GROUP CLASSES & BEGIN YOUR FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
After your Introductory lessons, you’re ready to join our group classes and start fencing with other students! Most choose a member package for best savings (9 weeks of classes & lessons for the price of 8 weeks). Optionally, you may take individual classes and lessons without the package discount.
A free trial membership is included for the first session! Member benefits include discounts on classes, lessons, and camps, free open bouting, access to lockers, special club activities, and much more.
3. BECOME AN OFFICIAL NYFA TEAM MEMBER (& GET YOUR NYFA SHIRT AND BADGE!)
After your trial session, we’re confident you’ll want to become an official member of Team NYFA! Membership fees for the season will be pro-rated and due after your trial ends. Member discounts, family discounts and payment options make our club even more affordable. Your member benefits will remain active for the season AND you get a free NYFA t-shirt and club badge!
If you don’t want NYFA member benefits, you can take classes, lessons, and bout at our clubs as a non-member without access to discount rates, free bouting, or other member advantages.