- Sessions 1 & 2 are FULL – email for waitlists. Session 3 – 25 spots remain
- 3/28: All Sessions – parent rooms are FULL
- Session dates: S1: July 16-25 / S2: July 26-August 4 / S3: August 5-14
- Scroll down to learn more or jump to REGISTRATION
- See 2022 NYFA International Summer Fencing Camp Highlights
- Follow us on Instagram for more camp memories @fencenyfa
- Email all sleep-away camp inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our camp video above and click here for more NYFA Summer Camp memories:
2022, 2021, 2019, 2018
THE BIGGEST & BEST COMPETITIVE EPEE CAMP IN THE US
Our sleep-away camps are ideal for fencers ages 10 & up with at least 1 year of experience. We focus on intermediate and advanced epee competition training led by world-class coaches from top colleges and clubs such as Slava Danilov (U Penn), Alexey Sintchinov (Penn State), Sergey Danilov (St. John’s, Men’s Epee National Coach, NYFA), Igor Gantsevich (Dynamo), Misha Mokretsov (NYFA Head Coach, Owner & Founder), Yarik Ponomarenko (NYFA), Anton Dutchak (NYFA) and more TBA. Fencers include World and National champions, World team members, NCAA college athletes, and today’s best youth fencers. Many also come from Medeo, Windy City, Elite & clubs in Argentina, Bulgaria, Canada, China, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Mexico, Panama, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine. Top-ranked fencers will be on staff to assist. Sanctioned tournaments will put campers’ skills to the test. Competitive fencers from all clubs are encouraged to join us for the best epee camp in the country!
NYFA CAMPS INCLUDE
- 3 ten-day Sessions – sign-up for 1 or more!
- 3 Training sessions per day
- Group lessons, footwork, drills
- Supervised electric bouting
- Conditioning exercises
- USFA-sanctioned tournaments
- Camp shirt for every camper
- 3 Meals per day
- Air-conditioned gyms
- Recreational facilities: student activity centers/game rooms, tennis courts, athletic fields
- Dorms: semi-private rooms; lounges/common areas; coin laundry machines
- Private lessons (6 free with 3 sessions, or for additional fee)
- Hiking day trip
- Rafting day trip (free with 2+ sessions, or for additional fee)
- Parent rooms at Storm King (rent at cost, for parents of young kids)
STORM KING SCHOOL, 314 Mountain Rd, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520 (google map)
All sessions will be held at Storm King School, just 70 miles north of NYC in Orange County on a 54-acre campus. Amenities include air-conditioned gym, athletic fields, student activities center, semi-private rooms, lounges. For medical care, there is a hospital within 3 miles. www.sks.org
- Sign-up for 3 sessions & get 6 private lessons free (2/session)
- Sign-up for 2 sessions & go whitewater rafting for free
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & FEES PER SESSION
- Early: $1750 ($500 due 4/1, balance due 5/31)
Regular: $1850 due 6/15
Late: $1950 after 6/15
- NYFA Members receive $100 discount per session
- Cancellation Policy: If camps are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will issue a full credit or refund to registered campers. If, for any reason, campers request cancellation, the standard refund policy applies: If request to cancel is received by 6/20, NYFA credit will be issued for full amount paid. If cancelled 6/21-7/10, a $500 administration fee applies and NYFA credit will be issued for remainder of balance paid. Note: NYFA credit can be used for NYFA services only. If cancelled 7/11 or later, all fees are non-refundable. NYFA reserves the right to cancel a camp for any reason, in which case, refunds will be issued.
HOW TO REGISTER
- REGISTER HERE Register online with your credit card payment or submit your online registration without payment, then send a check to New York Fencing Academy, 2702 W 15th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11224 and include a copy of your confirmation email (1st page) or write your registration# and full fencer’s name on the check. Registration and payment are required to hold a spot. Before participating, all fees and requirements must be received on time.
- Send additional requirements no later than 1 week before check-in to: email@example.com:
- MEDICAL FORMS: Print and complete by parent and doctor
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE: Provide valid card copy (both sides)
- USA FENCING* MEMBERSHIP: Provide valid card copy (both sides). Note: USA Fencing annual memberships expire 7/31. * International fencers may provide their national fencing federation membership card copy.
- COVID-19: To be determined based on official regulations.
WHITEWATER RAFTING: JULY 25
Rafting will take place between sessions 1 & 2 and is included FREE for campers who register for multiple sessions! NYFA members have been enjoying this activity annually at a rafting outfitter in PA for several years and can vouch for the fun and safe time we’ll have. Others may join us for an additional fee, as space allows. You may indicate your interest on the registration. More info to follow.
This is a special opportunity to learn from some of today’s best epee coaches. We will notify registered campers when lesson scheduling is open. Lessons will be held during free periods so no group training is missed. Therefore, availability will be limited. Prepayment of additional fees required. More info to follow.
WHAT TO BRING
- Fencing uniform in good condition: mask, plastron, glove, chest protector (females), jacket, knickers, fencing shoes or athletic shoes with white non-marking soles, 2 pairs of long socks
- Fencing equipment: At least 3 working epee weapons, at least 3 body cords, extra blade
- Exercise clothes: At least 9 t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, warm-ups/sweats, extra sneakers
- Other clothes: warm clothes for night, sandals, swimsuits
- Bedding & towels: pillows, standard twin sheets, blankets, bath towels. (Storm King provides bedding but we recommend bringing your own because it may not be as comfortable or warm as you would want.)
- Toiletries: blister band-aids, soap, shampoo, deodorant, bug repellent, sunscreen, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Laundry detergent, laundry bag, quarters
- Bottled water (There are also water fountains available.)
- $100 cash suggested for possible weapon repairs, laundry (quarters), and pocket money
- Note: Cell phones, ipads, etc. are allowed, however, campers are responsible for their belongings. NYFA will not assume responsibility for loss or damage to personal items.
- Rafting information will be provided separately
TRANSPORTATION to and from camp is your responsibility.
CHECK IN / OUT TIMES – Check-in: 10am-12pm, Check-out after lunch – pick-up by 2pm
PARENT ROOMS may be rented at cost at Storm King by parents of young kids. Indicate interest on registration.
HOTELS NEARBY – https://sks.org/alumni-overview/local-accommodations/
UPDATES will be posted on this page and important information will be emailed to registered campers. Please send any questions about our sleep-away camps to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click flyer below for a printable PDF