2021 NYFA SLEEP-AWAY FENCING CAMPS AT STORM KING
- Thank you to all participants! Click here for: 2021 Summer Camp Highlights!
- Please send all camp emails including forms/requirements to email@example.com
- 6/10: Per rule updates, all sessions are re-open for registration and roommates are allowed
- See COVID-19 policy and other updates below
- Scroll down for more camp information or jump to registration instructions
- Session 1: JULY 16-25, 2021
- Session 2: JULY 26-AUGUST 4, 2021
- Session 3: AUGUST 5-14, 2021
- All sessions will be held at Storm King School in Cornwall-On-Hudson, New York
- The first session can be prorated for fencers who need to leave early for the July NAC
THE BIGGEST & BEST COMPETITIVE EPEE CAMP IN THE US
Our sleep-away camps are ideal for fencers ages 10 & up with at least 1 year of experience. We focus on intermediate and advanced epee competition training led by world-class coaches from top colleges and clubs such as Slava Danilov (UPenn), Alexey Sintchinov (Penn State), Misha Mokretsov, Sergey Danilov, Yarik Ponomarenko, and Anton Dutchak (NYFA). Fencers include World and National champions, World team members, NCAA college athletes, and today’s best youth fencers. Many also have come from Windy City, Elite, and clubs in China, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Panama, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine. Top-ranked fencers will be on staff to assist. Sanctioned tournaments will put campers’ skills to the test. Competitive fencers from all clubs are encouraged to join us for the best epee camp in the country!
- 3 Training sessions per day
- Group lessons, footwork, drills
- Supervised electric bouting
- Conditioning exercises
- USFA-sanctioned tournaments
- Camp shirt for every camper
- 3 Meals per day
- Recreational facilities: gymnasiums, student activity centers/game rooms, athletic fields
- Dorms: semi-private rooms; lounges/common areas; coin laundry machines
- Private lessons (6 free with 3 sessions, or for additional fee)
- Hiking day trip
- Rafting day trip (free with 2+ sessions, or for additional fee)
- Parent rooms at Storm King (rent at cost, for parents of young kids)
STORM KING SCHOOL, 314 Mountain Rd, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520 (google map)
All sessions will be held at Storm King School, just 70 miles north of NYC in Orange County on a 54-acre campus. Amenities include a fencing gym, gymnasium, athletic fields, student activities center, semi-private rooms, lounges. For medical care, there is a hospital within 3 miles. Each session is 10 days and campers may sign-up for 1-3 sessions. Check-in: 10am-12pm, Check-out after lunch – pick-up by 2pm. www.sks.org
- Sign-up for 3 sessions & get 6 private lessons free (2/session)
- Sign-up for 2 sessions & go whitewater rafting for free
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & FEES PER SESSION
- Early: $1700 ($500 due 4/1, balance due 5/31)
Regular: $1800 due 6/15
Late: $1900 after 6/15
- Members receive $100 discount per session
- Cancellation Policy: If camps are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will issue a full credit or refund to registered campers. If, for any reason, campers request cancellation, the standard refund policy applies: If request to cancel is received by 6/20, NYFA credit will be issued for full amount paid. If cancelled 6/21-7/10, a $500 administration fee applies and NYFA credit will be issued for remainder of balance paid. Note: NYFA credit can be used for NYFA services only. If cancelled 7/11 or later, all fees are non-refundable. NYFA reserves the right to cancel a camp for any reason, in which case, refunds will be issued.
HOW TO REGISTER
- REGISTER & PAY: Register online. Include credit card payment with your online registration or submit your registration without payment then send a check to New York Fencing Academy, 2896 W 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11224 and include a copy of your confirmation email (1st page) or write your registration# and full fencer’s name on the check. Registration and payment are required to hold a spot. Before participating, all fees and requirements must be received on time.
- Send all camp emails, forms and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- MEDICAL FORMS: Print and complete by parent and doctor: due 1 week before check-in
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE: Provide valid card copy (both sides): due 1 week before check-in
- USA FENCING* MEMBERSHIP: Provide valid card copy (both sides): due 1 week before check-in. Note: USA Fencing annual memberships expire 7/31. * International fencers may provide their national fencing federation membership card copy.
- COVID-19 PROOF: COVID-19 vaccination proof: due 1 week before check-in OR
If not vaccinated, COVID-19 negative test result (from test taken within 72 hours before check-in): due at check-in
COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE
- All attendees (campers, staff, parents who are staying) must provide one of the following:
(1) proof of completed vaccinations or (2) proof of negative results from tests taken within 72 hours prior to your camp check-in.
- If you provide vaccination proof, you will not be required to get tested prior to camp or wear masks or social distance while at camp.
- If you were not vaccinated but provide acceptable test results, you will still be required to wear masks and social distance while at camp.
- There will be a separate building available for quarantining in case of illness.
- We will abide by NYS guidelines which may be subject to change.
WHITEWATER RAFTING: JULY 25
Raftng will take place between sessions 1 & 2 and is included FREE for campers who register for multiple sessions! NYFA members have been enjoying this activity annually at a rafting outfitter in PA for several years and can vouch for the fun and safe time we’ll have. Others may join us for an additional fee, as space allows. You may indicate your interest on the registration. More info to follow.
This is a special opportunity to learn from some of today’s best epee coaches. We will notify registered campers when lesson scheduling is open. Lessons will be held during free periods so no group training is missed. Therefore, availability will be limited. Prepayment of additional fees required. More info to follow.
- Fencing uniform in good condition: mask, plastron, glove, chest protector (females), jacket, knickers, fencing shoes or athletic shoes with white non-marking soles, 2 pairs of long socks
- Fencing equipment: At least 3 working epee weapons, at least 3 body cords, extra blade
- Exercise clothes: At least 9 t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, warm-ups/sweats, extra sneakers
- Other clothes: warm clothes for night, sandals, swimsuits
- Bedding & towels: pillows, standard twin sheets, blankets, bath towels. (Storm King provides bedding but we recommend bringing your own because it may not be as comfortable or warm as you would want. Perkiomen does not provide bedding.)
- Toiletries: blister band-aids, soap, shampoo, deodorant, bug repellent, sunscreen, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Laundry detergent, laundry bag, quarters
- Bottled water (but no cases of water are allowed if taking bus. There are also water fountains available.)
- $100 cash suggested for possible weapon repairs, laundry (quarters), and pocket money
- Note: Cell phones, ipads, etc. are allowed, however, campers are responsible for their belongings. NYFA will not assume responsibility for loss or damage to personal items.
- Rafting information will be provided separately
TRANSPORTATION to and from camp is your responsibility. Bus service can be arranged between NYFA in Brooklyn and camps if we get enough requests. You may indicate your interest on the registration. If bus service or airport transportation is arranged upon request, there will be an additional fee.
PARENT ROOMS may be rented at cost at Storm King by parents of young kids. Indicate interest on registration.
HOTELS NEARBY – https://sks.org/alumni-overview/local-accommodations/
UPDATES will be posted on this page and important information will be emailed to registered campers. If you have questions, contact us.