CANCELLED: 2020 NYFA SLEEP-AWAY FENCING CAMP SESSIONS
- Session 1: JULY 19-28, 2020 at Storm King (Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY)
- Session 2: JULY 29-AUGUST 7, 2020 at Storm King
- Session 3: AUGUST 8-17, 2020 at Perkiomen (Pennsburg, PA)
- 6/17/20: Unfortunately, sleep-away camps are prohibited for this summer.
- Everyone is welcome to join our Fencing Day Camps in Brooklyn and Long Island throughout July & August! Click here for more information.
- If you registered but did not receive instructions to process credits or refunds, please contact us.
THE BIGGEST & BEST COMPETITIVE EPEE CAMP IN THE US!
Our camps are ideal for fencers ages 10 and up with at least 1 year of experience. We focus on intermediate and advanced epee competition training led by world-class coaches from top colleges and clubs. Our coaching team currently includes: Notre Dame’s Cedric Loiseau, UPenn’s Slava Danilov, Penn State’s Alexey Sintchinov, Medeo’s Yakov Danilenko, Toronto’s Tim Svidnytsky, Allez’s Sorah Shin, FAW’s Vadim Diambekov, NYFA’s Misha Mokretsov, Sergey Danilov, Yarik Ponomarenko, Anton Dutchak. More may be announced.
Our fencers include World and National champions, World team members, NCAA college athletes, and today’s best youth fencers. Many also come from Windy City, Elite, and clubs in China, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Panama, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine. Top-ranked fencers will be on staff to assist. Sanctioned tournaments will put campers’ skills to the test. Competitive fencers from all clubs are encouraged to join us for the best epee camp in the country!
- 3 Training sessions per day
- Group lessons, footwork, drills
- Supervised electric bouting
- Conditioning exercises
- USFA-sanctioned tournaments
- Camp shirt for every camper
- 3 Meals per day
- Recreational facilities: gymnasiums, student activity centers/game rooms, athletic fields; swimming pool
- Dorms: semi-private rooms; lounges/common areas; coin laundry machines
- Private lessons (6 free with 3 sessions, or for additional fee)
- Rafting trip (free with 2+ sessions, or for additional fee)
- Parent rooms at Storm King (rent at cost, for parents of young kids)
SESSIONS 1 & 2: STORM KING SCHOOL, 314 Mountain Rd, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520
7/19-28, Sunday-Tuesday (10 Days) and 7/29-8/7, Wednesday-Friday (10 Days) , check in by 12pm, out by 2pm. Storm King is located 70 miles north of NYC in Orange County on a 54-acre campus. Amenities include a fencing gym, gymnasium, athletic fields, student activities center, semi-private rooms, lounges. For medical care, there is a hospital within 3 miles. www.sks.org
SESSION 3: PERKIOMEN SCHOOL, 200 Seminary St, Pennsburg, PA 18073
8/8-17, Saturday-Monday (10 Days), check in by 12pm, out by 2pm. Perkiomen is located 100 miles from NYC near Lehigh Valley on a 175-acre campus, with gymnasiums, a 6-lane swimming pool, athletic fields, activities center, semi-private suites, common living areas. There is a nurse on-call, walk-in medical center within 2 miles, and hospital within 14 miles. www.perkiomen.org
- Sign-up for 3 sessions & get 6 private lessons free (2/session)
- Sign-up for 2 sessions & go whitewater rafting for free
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & FEES PER SESSION
- Early: $1500 if $500 deposit paid by MAY 1 and balance paid by JUNE 1
- Regular: $1600 if paid by JULY 1
- Late: $1700 if paid by JULY 18
- NYFA Member Discount: $100 (after $500 deposit)
- Cancellation Policy: If a quarantine is still in place when camp begins, we will issue a full credit or refund to registered campers. If request to cancel is received by 5/20, NYFA credit will be issued for full amount paid. If cancelled 5/21-6/18, a $500 administration fee applies and NYFA credit will be issued for remainder of balance paid. Note: NYFA credit can be used for NYFA services only. If cancelled 6/19 or later, all fees are non-refundable. NYFA reserves the right to cancel a camp for any reason, in which case, refunds will be issued.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration and payment are required to hold a spot. Before participating, all fees and requirements must be received on time.
- REGISTER & PAY: Register online. You may include payment by credit card with your registration or send a check to New York Fencing Academy, 2896 W 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11224 with a copy of your registration email (1st page) or write your registration# and full fencer’s name on the check.
- MEDICAL FORMS: Print and complete by parent and doctor and return by 7/18.
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE: Provide valid card copy (both sides)
- USA FENCING* MEMBERSHIP: Provide valid card copy (both sides). Note: USA Fencing annual memberships expire 7/31. * International fencers may provide their national fencing federation membership card copy.
WHITEWATER RAFTING: JULY 28
Raftng will take place between the 2 Storm King Sessions and is included FREE for campers who register for multiple sessions! NYFA members have been enjoying this activity annually at a rafting outfitter in PA and they can vouch for the fun and safe time we’ll have. Others may join us for an additional fee, as space allows. You may indicate your interest on the registration. More info to follow.
This is a special opportunity to learn from some of today’s best epee coaches. We will notify registered campers when lesson scheduling is open. Lessons will be held during free periods so no group training is missed. Therefore, availability will be limited. Prepayment of additional fees required. More info to follow.
- Fencing uniform in good condition: mask, plastron, glove, chest protector (females), jacket, knickers, fencing shoes or athletic shoes with white non-marking soles, 2 pairs of long socks
- Fencing equipment: At least 3 working weapons, at least 3 body cords, extra blade
- Exercise clothes: At least 9 t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, warm-ups/sweats, extra sneakers
- Other clothes: warm clothes for night, sandals, swimsuits (if attending Perk)
- Bedding & towels: pillows, standard twin sheets, blankets, bath towels. (Storm King provides bedding but we recommend bringing your own because it may not be as comfortable or warm as you would want. Perkiomen does not provide bedding.)
- Toiletries: blister band-aids, soap, shampoo, deodorant, bug repellent, sunscreen, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Laundry detergent, laundry bag, quarters
- Bottled water (but no cases of water are allowed if taking bus. There are also water fountains available.)
- $100 cash suggested for possible weapon repairs, laundry (quarters), and pocket money
- Note: Cell phones, ipads, etc. are allowed, however, campers are responsible for their belongings. NYFA will not assume responsibility for loss or damage to personal items.
- Rafting information will be provided separately
TRANSPORTATION to and from camp is your responsibility. Bus service can be arranged between NYFA in Brooklyn and camps if we get enough requests. You may indicate your interest on the registration.
PARENT ROOMS may be rented at cost at Storm King (Sessions 1 & 2) by parents of young kids. Indicate interest on registration.
UPDATES will be posted on this page and important information will be emailed to registered campers. If you have questions, contact us.