2020 NYFA SLEEP-AWAY FENCING CAMP SESSIONS
- Session 1 July 19-28
- Session 2 July 29-August 7
- Session 3 August 8-17
Mark your 2020 calendars and check back later for registration & details.
To learn more about our camps, see 2019 information below and photos & more here!
2019 NYFA SLEEP-AWAY EPEE FENCING CAMP SESSIONS
- Session 1: JULY 21-30, 2019 at Storm King (Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY)
- Session 2: JULY 31-AUGUST 9, 2019 at Storm King
- Session 3: AUGUST 10-19, 2019 at Perkiomen (Pennsburg, PA)
BIGGEST & BEST COMPETITIVE EPEE CAMP IN THE US
Our camps are ideal for fencers ages 10 and up with at least 1 year of experience. We focus on intermediate and advanced epee competition training led by world-class coaches. We look forward to working with these same great coaches as last year and will confirm their participation as soon as possible: Penn’s Slava Danilov, Penn State’s Alexey Sintchinov, Medeo’s Yakov Danilenko, Toronto’s Tim Svidnytsky, Allez’s Sorah Shin, FAW’s Vadim Diambekov, Vivo’s Arpad Horvath, NYFA’s Misha Mokretsov, Sergey Danilov, Yarik Ponomarenko, Anton Dutchak. More may be announced.
Fencers include World and National champions, World team members, NCAA college athletes, and many of today’s best youth fencers. Countries represented in past or this summer: USA, Canada, Great Britain, France, Italy, China, Hong Kong, Greece, Turkey, Panama. Top-ranked fencers will be on staff to assist. Sanctioned tournaments will put campers’ skills to the test. Competitive fencers from all clubs are encouraged to join us for the best epee camp in the country!
NYFA CAMPS INCLUDE
- 3 Training sessions per day
- Group lessons, footwork, drills
- Supervised electric bouting
- Conditioning exercises
- USFA-sanctioned tournaments
- Camp shirt for every camper
- 3 Meals per day
- Recreational facilities: gymnasiums, student activity centers/game rooms, athletic fields; swimming pool
- Dorms: semi-private rooms; lounges/common areas; coin laundry machines
- Private lessons (6 free with 3 sessions, or for additional fee)
- Rafting trip (free with 2+ sessions, or for additional fee)
- Parent rooms at Storm King (rent at cost, for parents of young kids)
SESSION 1: JULY 21-30 & * SESSION 2: JULY 31-AUGUST 9 AT STORM KING SCHOOL, 314 Mountain Rd, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520
7/21-30, Sunday-Tuesday (10 Days) and 7/31-8/9, Wednesday-Friday (10 Days) , check in by 12pm, out by 2pm. Storm King is located 70 miles north of NYC in Orange County on a 54-acre campus. Amenities include a fencing gym, gymnasium, athletic fields, student activities center, semi-private rooms, lounges. For medical care, there is a hospital within 3 miles. www.sks.org
SESSION 3: AUGUST 10-19 AT PERKIOMEN SCHOOL, 200 Seminary St, Pennsburg, PA 18073
8/10-19, Saturday-Monday (10 Days), check in by 12pm, out by 2pm. Perkiomen is located 100 miles from NYC near Lehigh Valley on a 175-acre campus, with gymnasiums, a 6-lane swimming pool, athletic fields, activities center, semi-private suites, common living areas. There is a nurse on-call, walk-in medical center within 2 miles, and hospital within 14 miles. www.perkiomen.org
- Sign-up for 3 sessions & get 6 private lessons free (2/session)
- Sign-up for 2 sessions & go whitewater rafting for free
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & FEES PER SESSION
- Early: $1500 if $500 deposit paid by MAR 18 and balance paid by APR 20
- Regular: $1600 if paid by MAY 20
- Late: $1700 if paid by JUL 18
- NYFA Member Discount: $100 (after $500 deposit)
- Cancellation Policy: If request to cancel is received by 5/20/19, NYFA credit will be issued for full amount paid. If cancelled 5/21-6/18/19, a $500 administration fee applies and NYFA credit will be issued for remainder of balance paid. Note: NYFA credit can be used for NYFA services only. If cancelled 6/19/19 or later, all fees are non-refundable. NYFA reserves the right to cancel a camp for any reason, in which case, refunds will be issued.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration and payment are required to hold a spot. Before participating, all fees and requirements must be received on time.
- REGISTER & PAY: After submitting online registration, pay online by credit card, debit card or PayPal on the next screen. To pay offline, submit your online registration first, then close PayPal screen and send payment/cc authorization pdf form with check or credit card information.
- MEDICAL FORMS: Print and complete by parent and doctor and return by 7/18/19.
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE: Provide valid card copy (both sides)
- USA FENCING* MEMBERSHIP: Provide valid card copy (both sides). Note: USA Fencing annual memberships expire 7/31. * International fencers may provide their national fencing federation membership card copy.
WHITEWATER RAFTING: JULY 30
Raftng will take place between the 2 Storm King Sessions and is included FREE for campers who register for multiple sessions! NYFA members have been enjoying this activity annually at a rafting outfitter in PA and they can vouch for the fun and safe time we’ll have. Others may join us for an additional fee, as space allows. You may indicate your interest on the registration. More info to follow.
This is a special opportunity to learn from some of today’s best epee coaches. We will notify registered campers when lesson scheduling is open. Lessons will be held during free periods so no group training is missed. Therefore, availability will be limited. Prepayment of additional fees required. More info to follow.
WHAT TO BRING
- Fencing uniform in good condition: mask, plastron, glove, chest protector (females), jacket, knickers, fencing shoes or athletic shoes with white non-marking soles, 2 pairs of long socks
- Fencing equipment: At least 3 working weapons, at least 3 body cords, extra blade
- Exercise clothes: At least 9 t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, warm-ups/sweats, extra sneakers
- Other clothes: Swimsuits, sandals; warm clothes for night
- Bedding/Linens: pillows, sheets, blankets, bath towels
- Toiletries: soap, shampoo, deodorant, bug repellent, sunscreen; detergent,
* blister band-aids
- Bottled water (there are also water fountains available)
- $100 suggested for possible weapon repairs, laundry (quarters), and pocket money
- Rafting information will be provided separately
TRANSPORTATION to and from camp is your responsibility. Bus service can be arranged between NYFA in Brooklyn and camps if we get enough requests. You may indicate your interest on the registration.
PARENT ROOMS may be rented at cost at Storm King (Sessions 1 & 2) by parents of young kids. Indicate interest on registration.
UPDATES will be posted on this page and important information will be emailed to registered campers. If you have questions, contact us.