2019 NYFA SUMMER SLEEP-AWAY FENCING CAMPS
- Session 1: JULY 21-30, 2019 at Storm King
- Session 2: JULY 31-AUGUST 9, 2019 at Storm King
- Session 3: AUGUST 10-19, 2019 at Perkiomen
- Storm King: 314 Mountain Rd, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520
- Perkiomen: 200 Seminary St, Pennsburg, PA 18073
- Check back here for updates.
- Registration will open soon
- Rates will remain the same as 2018
- Read about last year’s camps below!
Last year’s NYFA Summer Sleep-away Fencing Camps –
2018 SUMMER – NYFA INTERNATIONAL FENCING CAMPS
- Thank you to all the coaches, fencers, parents, and the camp team for making this year’s camps the best yet!
- More highlights and photos: 2018 Summer Camp Success & Memories
- Follow our camps in action! Visit our Facebook camp page for links to Instagrams from NYFA and several of our guest coaches & clubs!
- All 3 Sessions are filled! Contact us if you want to join the waitlist for Session 3 (Perkiomen)
- This season’s World and European Champion, Davide Di Veroli (Italy), will join our third session at Perkiomen!
- Join our Facebook Camp event page for more updates
- Oksana Samorodova, Alamo Fencing coach, will be at our camp
- Slava Danilov, University of Pennsylvania coach, is joining our camp coach team
- Special Offers: Register for 3 sessions and receive 6 free private lessons, register for 2 sessions and whitewater rafting is included
- Storm King rooms will be available for parents of young children to rent at cost
- Filled: SESSION 1: JULY 22-31, 2018 at STORM KING
- Filled: SESSION 2: AUGUST 1-10, 2018 at STORM KING
- Filled: SESSION 3: AUGUST 11-20, 2018 at PERKIOMEN
Our camps are ideal for fencers ages 10 and up with at least 1 year of experience. We focus on intermediate and advanced competition training led by world-class coaches including NYFA’s Misha Mokretsov, Penn’s Slava Danilov, Penn State’s Alexey Sintchinov, Medeo’s Yakov Danilenko, Toronto’s Tim Svidnytsky, Alliance’s Sergei Danilov, Allez’s Sorah Shin, Alamo’s Oksana Samorodov, and NYFA’s Yarik Ponomarenko, Anton Dutchak, and Yevgeniy Karyuchenko. More to be announced. Camp participants include World cup and National champions, World team members, NCAA college athletes, and many of today’s best youth fencers. Countries represented in past or this summer: USA, Canada, Great Britain, France, Italy, China, Hong Kong. Top-ranked fencers will be on staff to assist. Sanctioned tournaments will put campers’ skills to the test. Competitive fencers from all clubs are encouraged to join us for the best epee camp in the country!
Read about last year’s camp and view our photo album here:
BIGGEST SUMMER EPEE FENCING CAMP IN THE USA!
NYFA CAMPS INCLUDE
- 3 Training sessions per day
- Group lessons, footwork, and drills
- Supervised electric bouting
- Conditioning exercises
- USFA-sanctioned tournaments
- Camp shirt for every camper
- 3 Meals per day
- Recreational facilities: gymnasiums, student activity centers/game rooms, athletic fields; swimming pool
- Dorms: semi-private rooms; lounges/common areas; coin laundry machines
Filled: SESSION 1: JULY 22-31, 2018
Filled: SESSION 2: AUGUST 1-10, 2018
AT STORM KING SCHOOL, 314 Mountain Rd, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520
7/22-31, Sunday-Tuesday (10 Days) and 8/1-10, Wednesday-Friday (10 Days) , check in by 12pm, out by 2pm. Storm King is located 70 miles north of NYC in Orange County on a 54-acre campus. Amenities include a fencing gym, gymnasium, athletic fields, student activities center, semi-private rooms, lounges. For medical care, there is a hospital within 3 miles. www.sks.org
Filled: SESSION 3: AUGUST 11-20, 2018
AT PERKIOMEN SCHOOL, 200 Seminary St, Pennsburg, PA 18073
8/11-20, Saturday-Monday (10 Days), check in by 12pm, out by 2pm
Perkiomen is located 100 miles from NYC near Lehigh Valley on a 175-acre campus, with gymnasiums, a 6-lane swimming pool, athletic fields, activities center, semi-private suites, common living areas. There is a nurse on-call, walk-in medical center within 2 miles, and hospital within 14 miles. www.perkiomen.org
WHITEWATER RAFTING: JULY 31, 2018
Raftng will take place between the 2 Storm King Sessions and is included FREE for campers who register for multiple sessions! NYFA members have been enjoying this activity annually at a rafting outfitter in PA and they can vouch for the fun and safe time we’ll have. Others may join us for an additional fee, as space allows. You may indicate your interest on the registration. More info to follow.
This is a special opportunity to learn from some of today’s best epee coaches. We will notify registered campers when lesson scheduling is open. Lessons will be held during free periods so no group training is missed. Therefore, availability will be limited. Prepayment of additional fees required. More info to follow.
- Sign-up for 3 sessions & get 6 private lessons free (2/session)
- Sign-up for 2 sessions & go whitewater rafting for free
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & FEES PER SESSION
- Early: $1500 if $500 deposit paid by MAR 18 and balance paid by APR 20
- Regular: $1600 if paid by MAY 20
- Late: $1700 if paid by JUL 18
- NYFA Member Discount: $100 (after $500 deposit)
- Cancellation Policy: If request to cancel is received by 5/20/18, NYFA credit will be issued for full amount paid. If cancelled 5/21-6/18/18, a $500 administration fee applies and NYFA credit will be issued for remainder of balance paid. Note: NYFA credit can be used for NYFA services only. If cancelled 6/19/18 or later, all fees are non-refundable. NYFA reserves the right to cancel a camp for any reason, in which case, refunds will be issued.
HOW TO APPLY – Checklist
To reserve your spot, we need to receive your payment and registration.
To complete your application, we also need medical forms, proof of insurance and USA Fencing membership, and fees paid in full per schedule.
- PAYMENTS: Online by credit card or paypal; or send check or cc authorization. Be sure to meet deadlines for prices to remain valid.
- REGISTER: Registration is online. After submitting, you will receive a copy by email
- MEDICAL FORMS: Print and complete by parent and doctor
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE: Provide valid card copy (both sides)
- USA FENCING* MEMBERSHIP: Provide valid card copy (both sides). Note: USA Fencing annual memberships expire 7/31. * International fencers may provide proof of membership in another national fencing federation.
WHAT TO BRING
- Fencing uniform in good condition: mask, plastron, glove, chest protector (females), jacket, knickers, fencing shoes or athletic shoes with white non-marking soles, 2 pairs of long socks
- Fencing equipment: At least 3 working weapons, at least 3 body cords, extra blade
- Exercise clothes: At least 9 t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, warm-ups/sweats, extra sneakers
- Other clothes: Swimsuits, sandals; warm clothes for night
- Bedding/Linens: pillows, sheets, blankets, bath towels
- Toiletries: soap, shampoo, deodorant, bug repellent, sunscreen; detergent
- Bottled water (there are also water fountains available)
- $100 suggested for possible weapon repairs, laundry (quarters), and pocket money
- Rafting information will be provided separately
TRANSPORTATION: You are responsible for your own transportation. Bus service can be arranged between NYFA and the camps if we get enough requests. You may indicate your interest on the registration.
Additional details will be added here in the coming months and we’ll send email updates to registered campers, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.