Our fencers competed in this weekend’s Super Youth Circuit. NYFA presented fencers in all age groups:
- Bennett Cohen took 3rd place in Y10 age group and earned his third medal this season at SYC’s. He also earned national points – god job Bennett!
- Anton Chmut was fighting in the same age group with Bennett and made top 8! That was Anton’s first medal at competitions – we all know you’ll have many more:)
- Peye Wong came in 3rd in Y12 age group – earning her 3rd SYC medal this season – way to go Peye!
- William Wexler had his debut in Y12 epee and showed good composure and competitive spirit and even though he lost in his first DE he was fighting hard and lost a very close bout – keep practicing Will and you’ll succeed!
- Skyler Chin showed very good fencing in the pools but lost to his teammate Romain Cannone in direct elimination round. Cannone eventually lost by one touch to the winner of SYC to make top 4. This way Romain got his second SYC medal this year! Both Skyler and Romain are top seeds in the region in Y14 despite the fact that they are only 13 y. o.! We are looking forward to a good performance at NAC “E” from them this April! Along with Sky and Romain one more NYFA fencer had his debut. Sam Burman was fighting very hard and was very close to victory in many bouts but he lacked experience to claim the victory. Keep working Sam and you will be victorious!
- Sophia Chelnitsky had very strong performance in pools by going undefeated but lost to her teammate Anna Brosgol to make top 8. Sophia took 10th place and qualified for Summer Nationals. Good job Sophiyka!
- Anna Brosgol was short one touch to make top 2. This bronze medal is Anna’s best result in her fencing career – Anna also renewed her rating to “D 2011”. Congratulations Anna!!!
- Also I would like to congratulate Aaron Fu with his “E 2011” that he earned couple weeks ago!
- Congratulations to Gabriel Canaux for taking 1st place in the U16 British Youth Championships South Eastern Div qualifier!