We are very proud of our 35 athletes who qualified and competed in the 2014 Summer Nationals in Columbus, Ohio — the world’s largest fencing tournament with over 4,300 participants! We are happy for our youngest fencers who excelled in the Y10 and Y12 age groups despite the fact that for some of them it was their first Nationals. We congratulate our Junior fencers who did great individually, as well as in teams where they showed fantastic team spirit and beat the strongest opponents including the gold and silver medalists from individuals.
Congratulations to all of our fencers and their families, whether you bravely competed at Nationals for the first time or skillfully earned national points and medals!
Top 8 Results:
- Jaclyn Khrol – 3rd out of 45 in Y10 & 5th out of 84 in Y12 Women’s Epee
- Skyler Chin – 5th out of 361 in Junior Men’s Epee and A2014
- Ethan Kushnerik – 5th out of 63 in Y10 Men’s Epee
- Team NYFA: Cannone, Chin, Bellomi – 8th out of 65 in Junior Team Men’s Epee
- Alan Temiryaev – 8th ou t of 112 in Y12 Men’s Epee
- Skyler Liverant – 8th in Y10 Men’s Epee
Top 16 Results:
- Luca Bellomi – 10th in Junior Men’s Epee and B2014
- Melanie Dolgonos – 14th in Y12 Women’s Epee
- Mark Dolgonos – 14th in Y10 Men’s Epee
- Caralina Khrol – 16th in Y10 Women’s Epee
- Team NYFA: Brosgol, Chelnitsky, Kornak – 16th out of 29 in Junior Team Women’s Epee
Top 32 Results:
- Katherine Yenna – 17th in Y10 Women’s Epee
- Joshua Sikarevich – 18th out of 190 in Y14 Men’s Epee
- Sophia Chelnitsky – 19th out of 114 in DivII Women’s Epee
- Daniel Plechavicius – 20th in Y10 Men’s Epee
- Romain Cannone – 22nd in Junior Men’s Epee
- Anton Chmut – 25th in Y14 Men’s Epee
- Michael Mogilevich – 29th in Y12 Men’s Epee
- Ethan Kushnerik – 29th in Y12 Men’s Epee
- Jordan Liverant – 31st in Y12 Women’s Epee
- Michael Burovsky – 32nd in Y14 Men’s Epee
If you have photos or videos from Nationals that you want to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us remind you that summer is a great time to boost your fencing while others rest! You can still register for our Summer Camps – click here for more information:
- Two beginners day camps: 7/14-7/18 and 8/18-8/22
- Pennsylvania sleep away camp: 8/1-8/10
- Pre-season day camp: 8/25-8/29
Summer Classes will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5:30-6 footwork and 6-7:30 class. We’ve received requests for summer weekend classes so please let us know by email or phone if you’re interested and we will schedule a class.
Finally, the annual USFA membership expires 7/31/14. Register here and make sure to choose New York Fencing Academy as your primary club.