Dear NYFA Parents, Fencers, Coaches and Staff,
We have been continuously and closely monitoring the developments on COVID-19 through CDC (Center of Disease Control) and WHO (World Health Organization). NYFA has always made the health and safety of its customers and staff a top priority. While this decision is hard to make, we would like to put the safety and health of our customers as the top priority.
In order to keep our environment safe we will take the following precautions:
We will be CLOSED for March 16th and March 17th, for deep cleaning of the facilities and evaluation of the development of the COVID-19 situation. We will reopen on March 18th for private lessons only until further notice.
The private lessons can be scheduled throughout the day.
1. Our gyms will be cleaned daily and sanitized properly. All staff will continue to be vigilant in cleaning each day and will take extra precautions when necessary.
2. We are implementing a NO-HANDSHAKE policy during practice, private lessons, etc.
3. Every night we will be installing OZONE generator at the gym to sanitize the air and organize proper ventilation.
4. For Long Island – the door on the street on the left of the main entrance will be open, so customers can take the stairs instead of elevator (there is no way to unlock that door, so we will be installing the block which will keep the door open. If the block will be accidentally moved, please contact our office). The elevator will be cleaned daily.
5. We will be scheduling private lessons throughout the day, so we can reduce the amount of athletes at the gym at the same time.
6. Only one person at a time can visit the bathroom.
7. No food in the gym or lobby area.
8. While we wash and clean all the equipment – we advise not to share any equipment and use your own.
9. If anyone knows about a case of direct contact with a person infected with COVID-19, please inform us immediately.
10. We will credit the group class payments towards private lessons with no penalties.
11. Coaches will give individual tasks for footwork, target work and fitness to kids who come to private lessons to boost the efficiency of training.
Any changes and updates will be emailed immediately to all our fencers and parents.
STAY SAFE AND HAPPY FENCING!!!