2019 SPRING BREAK DAY CAMPS
- Dates: April 22-26, 2019 (Monday-Friday)
- Locations & Hours: Brooklyn (10am-3pm) & Long Island (9am-2pm)
- Ideal for: Beginners (no experience necessary) + mixed levels. Ages 6+.
- Early Registration deadline: April 2
The 5-day fencing camp by NYFA is a great opportunity for your kids to spend break having a lot of fun while being introduced to the great NCAA and Olympic sport of fencing. The Long Island camp will be run by Sergey Danilov, Designated US National Team Coach (U17,U20) and 2018 Development Coach of the Year (by US Olympic Committee). The Brooklyn camp will be run by Misha Mokretsov, founder & head coach of NYFA, whose students include National and World Cup Champions and members of the USA and French National Teams.
The camps will include an introduction to the history of fencing, and basic skills of the sport which will be taught in a friendly environment using a lot of games and fun activities making the learning process enjoyable. Kids of all ages and physical capabilities are welcome to join NYFA camps. We strive to provide a positive experience, and build teamwork and personal growth. Students will learn skills which will last a lifetime.
- Long Island: 9 am – 2 pm for 5 days
- Brooklyn: 10 am – 3 pm for 5 days
- Lunch break 45 min-1 hour (only healthy snack provided)
- Early drop-off and late pick-up available upon request
HOW TO REGISTER
Go to the online Day Camp Registration form, submit your registration, then pay online by credit card, debit card or PayPal on the next screen. To pay offline, first submit your online registration, then close the PayPal screen and send a printable Payment/cc Authorization pdf form with your check or credit card information.
FEES & DEADLINES
- By April 2: Members $400, Non-members $450
- After April 2: Members $450, Non-members $500
- Daily – attending less than 5 days: Members $100/day, Non-members $125/day
- Cancel more than 30 days before start date: full refund in NYFA credit (good for any NYFA services); cancel 10-30 days before start date: $100 administrative fee; cancel less than 10 days before start date: No refunds
- Bagged lunch or lunch money. We will remain in the club for lunch.
- Drinking water. Bottled water is available for purchase.
- Must wear t-shirts, sweat pants, indoor non-marking athletic sneakers.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- All fencing equipment will be provided if required