Check out this blog from our sponsors, Davidovich Bakery:
And register for the tournament on askfred.net:
Davidovich Bakery to Sponsor NY Fencing Academy Senior Mixed Epee Cup
For those unfamiliar with the art of fencing, Epee
is one of three modern sport fencing weapons utilized by fencing competitors around the world. Epee
matches are noted for their intense drama as competitors employ speed, concentration, and accuracy as they duel for points where their opponent’s entire body is a viable target for scoring. Even those unfamiliar with the technical rules of the sport will appreciate the intensity, excitement, and sportsmanship of this event.
has a long history of supporting exciting New York City sports events, including theNYC 5 Boro Bike Tour
and the NYS Taekwondo Championships
. The addition of sponsoring a fencing event is of particular excitement, as the company’s owners have a long history of involvement with this international sport.
In addition to being treated to an exciting day of competition, spectators will have the opportunity to win beautiful, artisan, all natural gift baskets from theDavidovich Bakery
, containing the world famous, Davidovich Bagels
NYFA has added the following Day Camps to our Summer schedule – click on links below for information & registration forms:
We congratulate our youth fencers for their weekend results – here are the highlights:
Long Island Division Youth-14 Qualifier at Mission:
- Matthew Ko – 2nd place and qualified for Y14 Summer Nationals
- Bennett Cohen – 3rd place and qualified for Y14 Summer Nationals
Y10 & Y14 Individual & Team Youth Challenge at NYFA:
- GOLD MEDALISTS:
- Jaclyn Khrol – Y10
- Michael Burovsky – Y14
- Mark Dolgonos, Jordan Liverant, Skyler Liverant – Y10 Team
- Michael Burovsky, Joshua Sikarevich, Nathan Vaysberg – Y14 Team
- Anna Marinovich – Y10
- Anton Chmut – Y14
- Jaclyn Khrol, Nicholas Glaz, Caralina Khrol – Y10 Team
- Mark Sinay, Nicholas Glaz – Y10
- Alan Temiryaev, Nathan Vaysberg – Y14
- Mark Sinay, Ivan Agyeyev, Anna Marinovich, Dylan Polkovsky – Y10 Team
Remember to sign up for these upcoming tournaments – click on the event names to go to askfred:
- Sat, 4/20: NYFA Unrated Mixed Epee - all Unrated fencers get competition practice and a chance to earn an “E”
- Sun. 4/21: Long Island Division Div 2/3 Summer Nationals Qualifier - LI Division C & Under fencers. Deadline is Wednesday, 4/17
- Sun. 4/21: Metropolitan NY Division Y14 and Div 2/3 Summer Nationals Qualifier - NYC Youth-14 and C & Under fencers. Deadline is Friday, 4/19
- Sun. 4/28: NYFA Challenge #4: Foil Y10 and Epee Y10. Y12. Vet – 4 events for Youth and Vets - are you pre-registered?
- 4/27-4/28: Jeff Wolfe ROC Div 1A and Div 2 Summer Nationals Qualifier - Adults Div 1A (any rating), Div 2 (C & Under.) Now in Double fees: Deadline is 4/19
- Sun. 5/26: NJFA Youth Cup in Maplewood, NJ - All youth fencers should attend. Deadline is Monday, 5/13 *
Good luck to everyone who will be competing at the North American Cup in Richmond, Virginia this weekend!
Today is the deadline to register for the Summer Camp in Pennsylvania at a discount. Also, we’ve added some new camps for Spring and Summer!
For registration and more information on all the camps, go to:
Summer Sleep Away Camp at the Hill School in Pennsylvania:
- Deadline is today, March 15th
- This camp is designed to prepare fencers for the upcoming season as high level competitors. Three training sessions a day, bouting, group lessons, skill drills and competitions in all 3 weapons. Coaches and fencers from IFA, NYFA, and other clubs will attend. Misha Mokretsov will be coaching epee. The camp is held on the campus of The Hill, a private school with two large gyms and an indoor swimming pool.
Spring Break Day Camp at NYFA:
- Mon-Fri, March 25-29th: 10-3pm
- Price is $350 for members, $400 for non-members or $100 per day
- This camp is ideal for beginners and intermediate fencers as well as experienced competitive fencers who are preparing for the Virginia NAC. Activities include group fencing instruction, conditioning, footwork, blade work and bouting. Ages: 9-16, all levels.
Summer International Fencing Camp in Almeria, Spain:
- July 21-27th. NYFA plans to go a few days early – probably July 16th.
- Price is 550 euros and includes training program, rooming in a 4-star hotel, and buffet meals
- Extra days are 80 euros/day
- Deadline is May 31st to register and submit deposit
- This is a program for beginners, intermediate and advanced fencers to prepare for the next season and achieve a competitive edge. Participants are expected to come from several countries. In addition to training, we will enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean beach and other activities.
Enrollment is now open for the Summer Camp at the Hill!
We recommend signing up as soon as possible as space is limited and you can save up to $200 with early registration.
SLEEP AWAY SUMMER FENCING CAMP AT THE HILL SCHOOL IN PENNSYLVANIA: AUGUST 1-10, 2013
This camp is designed to prepare fencers for the upcoming season as high level competitors. Three training sessions a day, bouting, group lessons, skill drills and competitions in all 3 weapons. Misha Mokretsov will be coaching epee. The camp is held on the campus of The Hill, a private school with two large gyms and an indoor swimming pool. read more…
We will be adding more NYFA camp options soon – check back or email us to get on our mailing list.
This is a reminder that we have some great tournaments coming to NYFA that you don’t want to miss.
Click on the askfred links to register, see who’s coming, and check your event times. Space is limited, so we encourage everyone to register early.
1. Sunday, Feb 24: NYFA YOUTH & CADET CHALLENGE
* This Sunday (ages 8-17)
2. Saturday, Mar 2: NYFA DOUBLES DUELS TEAM MIXED EPEE
* Grab a friend and form a team! (ages 12+)
3. Sunday, Mar 10: NYFA MACARON COOKIE CHALLENGE MIXED EPEE
* Fence for Macaron Cookies! Space is limited to 42 fencers (ages 13+)
Here are our tournaments for the rest of February and March. We’ve got some fun, new events you won’t want to miss, like our Doubles Duels Team event and Macaron Cafe Cookie Challenge! Click on the askfred links below to register:
For E-rated or Unrated fencers only, Ages 13+ A chance to earn a rating!
For Youth and Cadet fencers only
This team event is for fun! Pick a partner and team name, and sign up on askfred or in the club. Ages 12+
Fence for Macaron Cookies & Ratings! Currently A1 event – top 8 may earn ratings. Ages 13+
Unrated fencers only, Ages 13+ This is your chance to get your “E”
We are proud to share the recent achievements of our fencers:
4 teammates medaled at the Capitol Clash SYC & Cadets, the biggest and hardest Super Youth Circuit of the season:
- Jackie Khrol - 5th in Y10 Women’s Epee
- Mark Dolgonos - 3rd in Y10 Men’s Epee
- Anton Chmut - 3rd in Y12 Men’s Epee
- Anna Brosgol - 3rd in Cadet Women’s Epee
Sophia Chelnitsky got 3rd in Senior Women’s Epee at Medeo’s Chocolate Cup Open and renewed her rating to D2013
Richard Kim was accepted to New York University
Congratulations to all!